The NMZ Church family will unite in prayer and fasting for “The Daniel Fast: The Ten Commandments in Twenty-One Days” on Sunday, January 14 through Saturday, February 3. Mental, Physical, and Spiritual preparation are required. Daniel Fast information is available in the foyers.
The Church Office andDay Care Center will be closed on Monday, January 15 in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
The Outreach Ministry will meet on Tuesday, January 16 at 7:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall (Room #109). New Members are welcome to attend.
All members who have completed high school and are 40 years of age or younger are invited to join the Young Adult Ministry (YAM) on Tuesday, January 16 at 7:00 p.m. in the ABC Room (Educational Building).
“Youth For Christ 2018” Rehearsals have begun. All youth (ages 6-18) who are interested in Praise Dance, Drill Team, Ushering/Hospitality, Mime, or Singing are invited to attend. Church vans will load and leave NMZ every Saturday at 5:00 p.m. going to Good Street Baptist Church for rehearsal.
All NMZ Youth in grades 7-12 are invited to attend the Youth Lock-In on Friday, January 19 in the Life Center. There will be no on-site registration. Youth must be pre-registered by their parent to attend. Registration and information will be available on Sunday, January 14 after 10:30 Service in the Fellowship Hall (Room #109). Completed packets can be turned-in then or on Friday night.
The Youth Ministry will participate in the Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade on Monday, January 15 at 10:00 a.m. All participants are asked to wear the Youth Ministry t-shirt or a red top and jeans and meet at the church at 7:15 a.m.
Parent permission slips for parade participants will be available in the Fellowship Hall (Room #109) after 10:30 Service and the morning of the parade. Transportation will be provided for the youth. Parade participants are asked to bring one bag of individually-wrapped candy.
Baptism Classes will be held on Sunday, January 21 and Sunday, January 28 at 9:00 a.m. in the Computer Room.
Installation of Officers will be held on Sunday, January 21 during 10:30 Service.
A Church Business Meeting will be held on Monday, January 29 at 7:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary. All members are encouraged to attend.
“An Evening in Paris” Couples and Singles Valentine’s Dinner will be held on Friday, February 9 in the NMZ Life Center. Registration will be in the Bridal Suite (Room #112) after 7:30 Service or the Fellowship Hall (Room #109) after 10:30 Service.
- Jia Andersonwas inducted into the Honor Society on the Distinguished Level Graduation Plan.
- Garrick Davenport IImade the A Honor Roll.
- TeKayla Dixonmade the Dean’s List with a 3.5 GPA. She is pursuing a degree in Education and Family Consumer Science.
- Laila Jonesmade the A Honor Roll and had Perfect Attendance.
- Tiana Kingmade the A Honor Roll and received 3rd Place in her school’s Turkey Trot Mile Race.
- Kaeden Swannmade the A/B Honor Roll and received drawing and poetry awards which are displayed at the Naaman Forest High School Art Exhibit.
- Kennedy Swannmade the A Honor Roll.
- Addyson Waltonmade the A Honor Roll.
- Austin Waltonmade the A/B Honor Roll.
- Autumn Waltonmade the A/B Honor Roll.
- Aniyah Williamsmade the B Honor Roll.
- Ebone’e Williamsmade the A/B Honor Roll the entire first semester.
- Bro. James Hogue and Family (Loss of His Brother)